Monday, February 14, 2011

Quick and Easy Dinner

I had part of a sweet onion and some hamburg in the fridge.  Clearly, cooking that hamburg on the stovetop seemed like the natural (and lazy) thing to do.  I scanned my kitchen to see what else I had and came up with the following:

1 pound hamburg (grass fed if you can)
1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Put 1 tablespoon EVOO in a saute pan over medium meat.  Add onions -- cook for four minute, or until it begins to brown.  Add garlic.  Mix ground mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl.  Add to saute pan.  Steam some brussel sprouts on the side.  Add a pat of butter to brussel sprouts.

Voila!  Dinner served.


I added some organic ketchup to mine.  I think it needed a little extra something, but I haven't been able to figure out what.  Perhaps more garlic, or some red pepper flakes.  Regardless, it was a sweet and simple meal.  Hardly glamorous, but easy in a pinch!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, I am really enjoying your blog! I hope we can work out together soon at CRCF. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gretchen! I really appreciate it. I'll definitely try to come to a morning workout in March when I'm on break -- look forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete