Sunday, February 6, 2011

Easy Weekend Breakfast

During the week, I normally eat plain Greek yogurt with berries.  The weekend, however, is a great opportunity for me to enjoy some relaxing time cooking.  Eggs, bacon, and coffee are usually the staples, and I vary it up depending on what food I have in the house.
Scrambled eggs are such an easy way to get some veggies in!  For this particular Saturday, I had:

4 eggs
1/8 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (omit if Paleo)
1 small head (organic) broccoli, removed from crown, cut into smaller pieces as needed
1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons EVOO

After dicing the onions and cutting the broccoli off the stems, I put the coffee brewing.  Then, I heated a saucepan with the olive oil on medium heat for about four or five minutes; I then sauteed the broccoli and onions in the olive oil until they began to get soft.  While the broccoli and onions cooked, I cracked the eggs in a mixing bowl, scrambled with a fork, and added the cheese.  I then dumped my eggs over the delicious broccoli/onion mix, scrambled everything around for a few minutes until the eggs cooked, and voila! breakfast for two:

Not pictured: the delicious Applegate Farms peppered bacon I cooked on the grill pan (I put it cooking while I started sauteing the veggies) or the grapes we also ate with it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I leave for work before 5am everyday. You think I can make it the night before and bring it with me? Not the best but just a thought???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    I think it's worth a shot! If you can hard boil eggs for later, I don't see why you can't do the same for scrambled. Try it one night and let me know how it works!

    ReplyDelete