Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pull Up Challenge Begins

Since last year, I made it a goal to finally learn how to do a pull up.  But, I've struggled to find a way to meet this goal, mostly by my own lack of will power to meet it.  Pull ups terrify me.  In some way, I think I feel it will mean I have a lack of control.  I despise heights, and perhaps this has something to do with it.  Or it might be laziness.  I think I must have some bizarre mental block with pull ups that I need to unlock.  Maybe I'm afraid of being weak, failing, and being laughed at at the gym (although I know it wouldn't happen).  But, I'd like to do this, but haven't mustered up the courage:



Finally, last night, my husband challenged me to finally learn how to do a pull up by my birthday in June.  Part of me feels overconfident -- I have plenty of time to do it.  At the same time, I'm afraid I'll wait to the last minute to try it.  Or chicken out.

So, this is my new challenge.  My question is: how do I learn up to do a pull up, without a weighted machine?  How do I overcome my fear of pull ups? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment