Saturday, July 2, 2011

Musings, with pictures

The other day as I was shopping in Barnes and Noble, I saw this on the "New Arrivals" table:


Everyday Paleo, front and center!  I've been eyeing this cookbook for awhile, and while I didn't purchase it, I found it excited to see that Paleo has made it to the front of the bookstore!  I quickly flipped through it.  The recipes looked simple, and photos are included.  In the back are some basic exercises, which would be great if you're new to exercise, but too simplistic if you've been CrossFitting.  It's geared toward getting the whole family involved in a Paleo lifestyle, so it is definitely worth checking out.  Once I buy it, I'll let everyone know how it is, and if you already own it, let me know what you think!  You can buy it here.

While shopping at Olympia Sports with my husband, I stumbled upon this atrocity that sent me seething:


One pound weights that are pink.  What does one even do with one pound weights?  Maybe for someone who is older and has significant shoulder issues, but somehow I doubt that these weights are targeted for that crowd.  Honestly, this is just insulting and embarrassing.  What message does this send to women?  Clearly, we have a lot of work to do to prove that we're strong and not afraid to lift.  Olympia Sports, you can take your 1 pound weights and shove it!

I always put balsamic vinegar and olive oil on my salad.  While I've been loving basil infused olive oil, I've needed something other than balsamic vinegar to mix things up.  My husband and I went out to dinner where I got a salad with white balsamic vinegar dressing.  It was phenomenal.  Light bulb moment -- I need to mix up my vinegar!  So last night, my lovely salad had this on it was well:


Champagne vinegar, bought at Gustare on Cape Cod.  It was a light and refreshing addition to a summer salad of cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, and lettuce from our garden:


Summer is such a great time to eat paleo/primal/clean/local.  Anyone have a new, healthy summer dish that they've tried and loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment